R: [Openswan Users] Help required applying NAT-T patch to 2.4.20-8 kernel

Ken Bantoft ken at xelerance.com
Tue May 11 19:44:05 CEST 2004

On Tue, 11 May 2004, Sebastian Zdrojewski wrote:

> There is some kind of bug in that... I've experienced that too on 2.4.26 kernel
>
> You need to:
>
> 1. build kernel normal way
> 2. build kernel with openswan - make menugo)
> 3. build kernel with nattpatch - make nattpatch | (cd /usr/src/linux && patch -p1 && make bzImage)
> 4. build kernel again in normal way - make dep clean bzImage modules modules_install install

Hm, I thought this was clear with:

2.1)    If you want NAT-T support, you need to patch your kernel and build
        a new bzImage.  From the Openswan source directory:

        make nattpatch | (cd /usr/src/linux && patch -p1 && make bzImage)

        Install kernel as normal (eg: cd /usr/src/linux && make install)

Tho it seems people don't read the last as having to build + install the
new kernel.  I've updated the docs on both branches.

--
Ken Bantoft			VP Business Development
ken at xelerance.com		Xelerance Corporation

The future is here. It's just not evenly distributed yet.
        -- William Gibson