[Openswan Users] Ping through ipsec/l2tp tunnel (e.g. web.de or ...)

Ken Bantoft ken at xelerance.com
Mon May 3 20:12:27 CEST 2004

On Mon, 3 May 2004, Jacco de Leeuw wrote:

> > When I disconnect the roadwarrior from the LAN or ISDN before I close the
> > tunnel, the ipsec sa will remain unaffected. So the route to.
>
> It will eventually time out. You can probably configure that
> in ipsec.conf.
>
> Dead peer detection is a difficult problem. Perhaps someone else
> can chime in on this?

DPD is now an RFC - 3706, and support is in the Openswan HEAD branch.
However, it needs both sides to support it.  Currently, only Nortel,
Cisco, Snapgear and Openswan (& Super FreeS/WAN) have support for it.

However, my list might be out of date.

--
Ken Bantoft			VP Business Development
ken at xelerance.com		Xelerance Corporation

The future is here. It's just not evenly distributed yet.
        -- William Gibson