[Openswan Users] Multiple creation of identical tunnel...

Laurent LAVAUD l.lavaud at auranext.com
Mon May 3 15:17:41 CEST 2004

Hello all,

i have a little problem when i mount a vpn between a freeswan (1.98) and
an openswan(1.0.3).

the freeswan gateway have a dynamic ip.
i load my tunnel on the openswan gateway with this command:

whack --name vpn-tunnel --host X.X.X.X --nexthop X.X.X.X --client
X.X.X.X/X --updown /usr/sbin/fg-vpn-updown.pl --id @XXX --to --host %any
--client X.X.X.X/X --id @XXX --rsasig  --encrypt --pfs --esp 3des
--delete

pluto is start with "--uniqueids" parameter.

the vpn works fine, but each time the vpn restart on the freeswan side
another tunnel is create and up on the openswan gateway.

is there any solution to avoid the creation of many identical tunnel.

thx in advance for your help, and sorry for my poor english :)