[Openswan Users] Help! - Unable to send email (exchange/mapi) with attachments from remote (VPN connected) site using WinXP

Darius dariusq2km at yahoo.com
Mon May 3 11:32:39 CEST 2004

Thanks Ken, MTU size was indeed the problem. It needed to be reduced on
XP at least, reducing it on the Exchange server intially wasn't enough
to make the problem go away (I'll increase it on the Exchange server
later to see if the problem originates on the XP side). I've not yet
compared XP and Win2K packets but perhaps XP is setting the "don't
fragment" bit or not doing MTU path discovery properly (since it was
receiving ICMP type 3 code 4 packets) or maybe its due to some other
interaction involving elements as-yet-unknown by me.

Thanks again,
Darius