[Openswan Users] tar: directory checksum error

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Mar 29 16:17:21 CEST 2004

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Oscar Guell wrote:

> after    successfully executed "gunzip",    when  I  try  to untar  the
> 'openswan-2.1.1.tar' I get the message:
>
> 	tar: directory checksum error
>
> I download the source file from:
>
> 	http://www.openswan.org/code/openswan-2.1.1.tar.gz
>
> What's wrong?

I just downloaded that url, and ran "tar ztvf openswan-2.1.1.tar.gz" on it
without any problems. It looks like something on your end. Perhaps a browser
problem, or even a bad memory problem? It's a bit odd that the gunzip works
fine.

You can try and use an ftp client, and download the file from:

ftp://ftp.openswan.org/openswan/openswan-2.1.1.tar.gz

That would exclude any browser bugs.