[Openswan Users] kernel 2.4/2.6 configuration

leonardo leonardo at lilik.it
Sat Mar 27 11:56:09 CET 2004

I'm trying to set up a VPN between a debian stable, kernel 2.4.18,
freeswan 1.96 (maxplanck) and a debian unstable, kernel 2.6.0 openswan 2.1.1.
(queneau) the configuration on maxplanck is the following:

conn queneau
    right=192.168.1.1
    rightid=@max.leonardo
    rightrsasigkey=0sA...
    left=192.168.1.102
    leftid=@queneau.leonardo
    leftrsasigkey=0sAQ...
    auto=add

while on queneau:

conn queneau
                left=192.168.1.102
                leftid=@queneau.leonardo
                leftrsasigkey=0sAQ...
                right=192.168.1.1
                rightid=@max.leonardo
                rightrsasigkey=0sAQ...
                auto=add

the two machines are on the same private network with addresses as in
configuration.

the problem is that I can set up the connection, but maxplanck answers
with packages both encrypted and in cleartext, or at least this is what
I see in queneau with ethereal. If I block output tcp packets
in maxplanck for interface ipsec0 everything stops working.
Quite che same configuration works for two 2.4 kernel with freeswan 1.96
and no problems.

any hint or link ?

thanks,
leonardo.

--

	   www.lilik.it/users/leonardo
0C5F B8DE 3136 1506 96D0  1806 7674 D513 A66E 7854