[Openswan Users] WindowsXP Clients?

Leonard Tulipan l.tulipan at mpwi.at
Thu Mar 25 17:12:44 CET 2004

Hi again!

So, I looked thru the interop list of freeswan and tried to find the clients that are described there.
These are my findings.

SSH Sentinel:
SSH now has the Tectia range which only uses the SSH Protocol. Apparently no IPSEC Support.
A reseller told me that instead they now sell the NCP Entry Level Client of
http://www.ncp.de/english/produkte/vpnclient/index.html

PGPnet / McAffee VPN Client
NAI sold PGP off to be its own standalone company. But they don't do IPSEC.
McAffee has the E-Business Client
http://www.nai.com/us/products/mcafee/encryption/ebusiness_client.htm

Safenet SoftRemote
Still hast SoftRemote and a Lite Version LT in their portfolio
http://www.safenet-inc.com/products/client_services/index.asp
Both are basically the same. One has a build in Firewall. Both cost the same

So, are there any more known sollutions?
btw. I have nearly given up on using the native WinXP IPSEC functions, because I just cannot get them to work.
Namely one that costs less than 100 US$?

Cheers
Leonard