[Openswan Users] Which packages do I need?

SianLun Lau wahlau at gmx.net
Tue Mar 23 23:21:49 CET 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 11:15:56 -0500
Faber Fedor <faber at linuxnj.com> wrote:

> I'm installing openswan on a linux box.  I'm a little confused when I
> RTFM; the docs still refer to freeswan.  What confuses me is that they
> refer to freeswan-modules and freeswan-userland.

if i have not mistaken, the freeswan-modules are kernel modules that you can load as modules as soon as you need. that does not include of course the NAT-T patch since that requires a kernel patch. the userland part would be the software (ie. ipsec) that you run. usually for distribution like RedHat and Suse you can install the modules and userland then you can start using ipsec with basic features included.

> Are these two packages included in the openswan package that I have
> (openswan-2.1.0-3_rc1.rh8.0.at.i386.rpm)?

that i have no idea. but i don't think so.

regards,
SianLun