[Openswan Users] CRLS in 2.1.0

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongsec.net
Mon Mar 22 15:29:28 CET 2004

Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Niki Waibel wrote:
>
> Ken wrote:
>

>>>The crls.pem file cores seem to be machine specific - very hard to track
>>>down.  If you have a copy of one that crashs pluto, if possible, give me a
>>>copy so we can test further.
>>
>>i have the same problem. pluto (openswan-2.1.0rc1) crashes when using a
>>/etc/ipsec.d/crls/crl.pem file (attached -- hope that's ok).
>

> The problem does not seem to be machine specific. I have succesfully core
> dumped my pluto with other people's crl.pem file.

I analyzed the openswan CRL core dump problem already on Feb 14 2003:

   http://lists.openswan.org/pipermail/dev/2004-February/000057.html

As you see I located the error in certs.c:loaded_coded_file() where
the file size is not correctly determined. Using the same crl file
"warden-crl.pem" I could *not* reproduce this crash using

   freeswan-2.04 with the X.509-1.5.3 patch

nor with strongwan-2.0.0.

> Hopefully we or Andreas will have a fix for this bug soon.
>
> Paul

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                   e-mail: andreas.steffen at strongsec.com
strongSec GmbH                    home:   http://www.strongsec.com
Alter Zürichweg 20                phone:  +41 1 730 80 64
CH-8952 Schlieren (Switzerland)   fax:    +41 1 730 80 65