[Openswan Users] Re: Kernel compile errors

Brad Chang openswan at dotnoc.com
Thu Mar 18 21:45:32 CET 2004

Hi I am having some errors when compiling freeswan and debian so im pretty sure
I did somthing wrong here.  below are my steps:
I apt-get install kernel-source-2.4.25
apt-get install kernel-patch-freeswan
I added PATCH_THE_KERNEL=YES into /etc/kernel-pkg.conf
then ran make-kpkg clean (from /usr/src/linux/)
then ran make-kpkg --config=menuconfig
compiled all the options I wanted then exited
kernel starts compiling
after that I get this error ( even if I just do a make menuconfig make dep make
clean make bzImage)
error happens with "make bzImage":

ipsec_init.c: In function `ipsec_init':
ipsec_init.c:152: too few arguments to function `inet_add_protocol'
ipsec_init.c:156: too few arguments to function `inet_add_protocol'
ipsec_init.c: In function `ipsec_cleanup':
ipsec_init.c:199: too few arguments to function `inet_del_protocol'
ipsec_init.c:204: too few arguments to function `inet_del_protocol'
make[3]: *** [ipsec_init.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.25/net/ipsec'
make[2]: *** [first_rule] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.25/net/ipsec'
make[1]: *** [_subdir_ipsec] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.25/net'
make: *** [_dir_net] Error 2

thanks for any help or ideas
-Brad

Quoting Brad Chang <openswan at dotnoc.com>:

> I only have realtek (because its built on board unfortunatly)  am I going
> have problems with the realtek cards with this kind of setup?
> im going to be running a 1.8 Pentium with 512 megs of ram.  no one will
> ever
> touch this server except for me.
>
> thanks for all the Help
> cheers