[Openswan Users] Best linux for openswan?

SianLun Lau wahlau at gmx.net
Wed Mar 17 19:03:17 CET 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:49:05 -0800
Brad Chang <openswan at dotnoc.com> wrote:

> Im not a big Fan of Redhat anymore

i was not too. now i use it because of compatibility issue. imagine the Eservers from IBM only has Redhat Support. bleh.

> and Im not really keen on fedoras "release/support" path

well, i am testing it now. so far it is good, and it is just newer version of Redhat to me.

> I was thinking of useing the 2.4.25 kernel have you used this kernel before for
> free/openswan?  it has the ipsec built into the kernel so I dont have to patch

oh really? i did not know. all i did is download the kernel source, and also openswan 1.01 source, there there i go :)

running 2.4.25 with openswan 2.4.25 both on my notebook and company gateway. so far we have tested tunnels and roadwarriors from NAT and without NAT. so far so good.

> it.  yah I like apt its a great tool :-)

yeah. apt-get has to Moo :) yum isn't that bad either.

regards,
SianLun