[Openswan Users] Best linux for openswan?

Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom chrome at real-time.com
Wed Mar 17 09:19:49 CET 2004

On 03/16 10:53 , Brad Chang wrote:
> I am going to be implimenting a 30-50 vpn setup some net-to-net and some
> roadwarrior setups.  I will be useing x.509 certs with linux and windows
> clients.  Basically my choices are debian or suse.  I have used debian as a
> single net-to-net vpn but never as 30-50 connections.

then it's the same thing, just bigger. :)

> I need this to be super
> stable and 100% (or super close to) uptime.

Linux is Linux... the different distros just configure it in different ways.
Uptime is mostly a function of the hardware you get.

> if anyone has any input on the
> distro to use I would greatly appreciate it. (I will be useing the 2.4.25
> kernel) unless anyone has a better suggestion.

If you're familiar with Debian already; then stick with it. IMHO, Debian is
far easier to configure, update, and maintain than SuSE; but that gets into
the realm of distro wars, which is a bit OT here. :)

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Systems Administrator
Real-Time Enterprises