[Openswan Users] Openswan with Cisco VPN Client - working?

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Fri Mar 12 10:30:50 CET 2004

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Andreas Kemper wrote:
> as there is now also support for XAUTH in Openswan I'd really like to
> know, whether I can use the Cisco Client, rather then SSH Sentinel which
> is at least buggy and/or has no NAT-T support.

According to other people who answered the tread, no.  :)

You can, however, use Windows' built-in L2TP-over-IPSec client - this
supports NAT-T and all that fun stuff, with no license fees, assuming
you've already got Windows. It does mean you need to run a l2tpd daemon on
your network, though.

It's built into 2000/XP; for Windows 98/ME, you'll need to download MS's
version for that:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/server/evaluation/news/bulletins/l2tpclient.asp