[Openswan Users] Difference between OpenSwan 1.0.1 and 2.1.0

Alexander Samad alex at samad.com.au
Fri Mar 12 10:35:41 CET 2004

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 12:30:50AM +0100, Paul Wouters wrote:

> > Does AES work with the native stack ?
>
> Openswan-1 doesnt work with the native 2.6 stack. For openswan-2 it only works
> with klips, since it is part of the alg patch, and not the cryptoapi. When
> things have been moved to cryptoapi, it should be part of it, and any new
> ciphers should be easy to add.
>
> Paul

Sorry I am lost now (only talking about v2).  But I though it could work
with the native stack  so did not need klips (I presume this is the
kernel part and pluto is the IKE/ phase one bit (userland)).

So my presumption is that if the stack supports it then shouldn't
openswan support it.

My current setup I have is debian 2.6.3 kernel-image and debian freeswan
2.04 userland tools.  I have access to most of the features, but I would
like to track openswan (i was a follower of super freeswan before).  But
I am bit hessitant to make the jump now because some of the features
don't seem to be there.  ie AES

So my guess is right now I should wait a bit

Alex