[Openswan Users] Difference between OpenSwan 1.0.1 and 2.1.0

SianLun Lau wahlau at gmx.net
Thu Mar 11 09:58:38 CET 2004

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:30:19 +0800
"Zhang Jian" <jzhang at cienettechnologies.com> wrote:

> What difference between Openswan 1.0.1 and 2.1.0?
> I know 1.0.1 have X.509, AES, NAT-T, XAUTH, DPD these features, 2.1.0 also
> have these features except supporting 2.6?
>
> Who can tell me the detailed features of 2.1.0?

i think the 2.1 uses Freeswan 2.0x instead of the freeswan 1.9x, which has difference in configuration format and such. one noticable diff would be automatic implementation of OE by default (i am talking about freeswan 2.05, not openswan) which if not disabled, would jam your connection upon new start :)

regards,
SianLun