[Openswan Users] Kernel 2.6.x native IPSec, OpenSwan 2.1.x - Does NAT-T work?

Grand Apeiron Grand.Apeiron at gmx.net
Sun Mar 7 17:50:44 CET 2004

Hi all,

i am wondering if the kernel 2.6.x native IPSec
implementation supports NAT-T and if not if you get this support
when installing the userland tools from OpenSwan 2.1.x.

I can't find any clear statement about NAT-T and native IPSec and
so my thought is that it isnt implemented.
But since the NAT-T support of OpenSwan is a kernel patch i wont
get it even when installing OpenSwan because the README of OpenSwan
2.1.x "only" describes how to install the userland tools.

I would be very thankfull if anybody gives me clear information
about that issue.

Thanks a lot.
With greetings from germany,
Grand Apeiron.