[Openswan Users] Slashdot Article

David Prestwich dprestwich at pacsim.com
Tue Mar 2 08:03:37 CET 2004

I was somewhat disappointed to read so many negative opinions on
freeswan regarding the slashdot article yesterday.  It was as if people
were saying that freeswan is dead - yet in my opinion it has just begun
thanks to the openswan project.

I just wanted to thank all the developers involved in the openswan
project.  We've been using freeswan for close to two years now and have
yet to find any off the shelf product that comes close to its
scalability.  We've just begun moving all servers to openswan and
couldn't be happier.  I can't even begin to tell people the number of
times we have worked with another network admin that has no idea what is
going on with their router and with the help of freeswan an it's logs
we've not only fixed the connection but have found a bug in another
major providers firewall (insert NG here).  Our company connects to
multiple sites with several different vendors.  We know for a fact that
if we had an off the shelf product we wouldn't be able to accomplish
this type of diversity.

Thanks to all
/David Prestwich