[Openswan Users] general questions

Scott Spyrison sspyrison at nl.edu
Mon Mar 1 11:26:36 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 04:14, Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, Scott Spyrison wrote:
> It also implied that XAUTH was
> > already patched into the super-freeswan/openswan releases and was not
> > present in base freeswan.
>
> It is not available in superfreeswan. It is part of openswan as of version 1.0.1.

Thank you for taking the time to respond, Paul.  I built and am testing
openswan 2.0...so it sounds like I might be able to test this.

> It should work, but note that XAUTH is very new, and you might run into
> unexpected problems. But we would love to have feedback on it, both negative
> (hopefully :) positive.

I would love to test this and provide feedback, but I've looked through
the entire build directory and see no doc on how to configure this in
ipsec.conf.  All I can see is something in
openswan-2.0.0/testing/pluto/xauth-pluto-03.  It contains an ipsec.conf
file that has the rightxauthserver and leftxauthclient attributes of the
conn block.  I tried these in my own ipsec.conf under openswan 2.0 and
received an error regarding the attributes when bringing up the
connection.

Any thoughts?  Am I working with the wrong build of openswan?

Best Regards,
--
Scott Spyrison