[Openswan Users] scp over an openswan tunnel hangs

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Wed Jun 30 14:26:44 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I am getting some bizaare behaviour out of freeswan.

I cannot use scp to transfer files from box A to box B. Boxes A and B
are connected via a openswan tunnel.

[root at rachel certs]# scp
root at chandler:/etc/postfix/certs/smtp.test.co.za-host* .
root at chandler's password:
smtp.test.co.za-hostCert.pem                   0%    0     0.0KB/s
--:-- ETA

The transfer hangs at this point, having transferred 0 bytes.

I have a feeling it is due to the back channel that scp is trying to
create to connect to box B - anyone know what needs to be done to make
scp work?

Regards,
Graham