[Openswan Users] Re:

Xiaoming Yu xiaoming at us.ibm.com
Mon Jun 21 13:32:34 CEST 2004

My problem with that if I have non-Linux non-Windows as the clients, and I
don't have a real certificate. Can I use RSA in some ways? The goal for me
is to see how Openswan did NAT Traversal and run some interoperability
tests. So preshared key seems a quick way to try it.

Xiaoming Yu
Dept. MR6,  VPN Development
IBM Rochester, MN
Phone: (507)253-5829
Email: xiaoming at us.ibm.com

             Nate Carlson
             <natecars at natecar
             lson.com>                                                  To
                                       Xiaoming Yu/Rochester/IBM at IBMUS
             06/21/2004 12:27                                           cc
             PM                        Xiaoming Yu <yuxm at yahoo.com>,
                                       users at lists.openswan.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Openswan Users] Re:

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Xiaoming Yu wrote:
> I enabled the nat traversal. I can verify this when I start the ipsec
> service.
>
> Jun 21 12:00:57 vpn ipsec__plutorun: Starting Pluto subsystem...
> Jun 21 12:00:57 vpn pluto[20920]: Starting Pluto (Openswan Version 2.1.2
X.509-1.4.8 PLUTO_USES_KEYRR)
> Jun 21 12:00:57 vpn pluto[20920]:   including NAT-Traversal patch
(Version 0.6c)

Hmm, ok.

Is there any reason you don't want to move to RSA/X.509? I'm afraid I
don't have enough experience with PSK's over NAT-T to be able to help much
more.  :(