[Openswan Users] nexthop? why and can we get rid of it?

hallian hallian hallian at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 18 21:39:26 CEST 2004

hello everyone -

I have always been wondering why do we need to know the nexthop for our
remote site connection in advance for openswan to connect.

1) Is there anyway we can eliminate this nexthop?
2) and why do we need it?

It's good with static routes when you have a known nexthop which is pretty
static until it changes one day .   It's hard to manage multiple sites when
you have to rely on the next hop. It does become a nightmare as the nodes
increase.  Any information will be appreciated....

thanks
hallian