[Openswan Users] Re: Windows XP Roadwarrior (FreeSWAN 2.05 + x509 patch): IPsecpolicy problem [--SOLVED--]

Jeannot Langlois jlanglois at actares.com
Sun Jun 20 14:57:00 CEST 2004

Müller, Marcus wrote:

>Disable the Windows XP Connection Firewall.
>
>Marcus

Hello all,

I doubled-checked the "Windows XP Connection Firewall" settings, but the
WinXP firewall was already turned off at all times, so it was NOT
causing the problem.

I've found a solution in this thread:
https://lists.freeswan.org/archives/users/2003-September/msg00220.html

(basically I just replaced "emailAddress" by "E" in the CA DN field in
"ipsec.conf") :

From...
"C=CA,L=Amos,O=Actares
Inc,OU=Security,CN=certificates,emailAddress=security at actares.com"

To:
"C=CA,L=Amos,O=Actares
Inc,OU=Security,CN=certificates,E=security at actares.com"

and it solved my problem.  Indeed, it was a windows-side problem.

Now I can ping from a Windows XP road warrior to a FreeSWAN gateway.

I still have to figure out what's wrong with the GUI equivalent method
with MMC which still doesn't quite works properly, but that's a good
start with the command line.

Thanks folks!

--
Jeannot Langlois
Programmeur-Analyste / Software Developer

http://www.actares.com