[Openswan Users] SonicWALL Sample Configuration with Certificate Authentication?

Adam Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Thu Jun 10 10:39:47 CEST 2004

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 08:31:53AM +0200, Andreas Steffen wrote:
> Yes, both the SonicWALL box and the SonicWALL Global VPN client
> interoperate with openswan/strongSwan on the basis of X.509 certificates.
> Two of my students have written a report in German:
>   http://home.zhwin.ch/~sna/PA/PAK1_2004_Sna03.pdf

Thanks for the link.  I don't know German, but I was able to look at the
sample configuration in there.

The error I get in syslog is the following:

Jun 10 09:37:40 akessel-linux ipsec__plutorun: 003 ERROR: "connection": netlink write() of XFRM_MSG_NEWPOLICY message for policy %trap failed. Errno 111: Connection refused

Does this mean anything specifically more than a general failure to
connect?  Googling this error message gave no useful results.
--
Adam Kessel
http://adam.rosi-kessel.org