[Openswan Users] SonicNET Sample Configuration with Certificate Authentication?

Adam Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Wed Jun 9 19:27:41 CEST 2004

Can anyone confirm that Openswan (version 2.1.1-4 from Debian with kernel
2.6.7rc3) will work with a SonicNET VPN with certificate based
authentication?  Sonic suggested we use OpenVPN, which doesn't even
appear to be an IPSec client.

I've been having a lot of trouble finding up-to-date documentation for my
set-up--many broken links, and old sample configurations for FreeS/WAN.

I think I have a fairly standard set-up.  Both my home (cable modem) and
my work network use NAT.   The SA is "GroupVPN," IPSec Keying Mode is
"IKE Using 3rd Party Certificates," Phase 1 Encryption/Authentication is
3DES & SHA1; Phase 2 is ESP 3DES HMAC SHA1, XAUTH is required, and
Perfect Forward Secrecy is enabled.

Does anyone have a sample configuration that should work with this
set-up?

Thanks for any pointers.
--
Adam Kessel