[Openswan Users] Road Warrior Ignored / makes Pluto crash

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Jun 2 12:37:51 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Craig O'Toole wrote:

> I am using a Netgear FVS318 to terminate to freeswan/openswan (I have tried
> both). When the ipsec.conf settings explicitly define the right ip address,
> everything works really well. If the right address is set to %any then the
> result is it consistantly gets a segmentation fault at connection or it
> gets through to connect and happens at re-keying.

Can you try this with the latest Openswan (2.1.2) and if it still segfaults,
define dumpdir=/tmp and run a gdb trace on the core in /tmp? Could you also
provide an 'ipsec barf' before it crashes?

> Jun  2 11:26:20 template ipsec_setup: Restarting FreeS/WAN IPsec 2.05...

You should be using (if using freeswa at all) version 2.06, since this fixes
some known snprintf changes that were made to 2.4.25. I am not sure if these
cause problems for your 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl.

> Linux FreeS/WAN 2.1.1 (klips)

This is different from above. Are you sure you're running from one and the
same version, and you don't have mixed up binaries from different versions?