[Openswan Users] Interoperability problem with Windows XP

Magnus Hyllander mhypub1 at hyllander.org
Wed Jun 2 01:21:12 CEST 2004

Hi,

I ran into a problem with Openswan 2.1.2 and Windows XP. In the
oakley.log in Windows XP I get the error message "Peer failed to send
valid machine certificate". Looking for a solution I came across the
following thread on the openswan dev list, which describes my problem
exactly:

http://lists.openswan.org/pipermail/dev/2004-April/000246.html

I tried the suggestion to set "leftsendcert=always", and it does solves
the problem. Just thought I would mention this in case anyone else has
the same problem.

/Magnus