[Openswan Users] Ipsec error : no connection is known

Frédéric Gonzatti fred99 at libertysurf.fr
Wed Jun 2 00:43:37 CEST 2004

Nate Carlson wrote:

>On Sat, 29 May 2004, Frédéric Gonzatti wrote:
>

>>Here is my ipsec.conf file of my linux gateway :
>>

>Looks like you don't have NAT-T enabled - try turning that on. (See below)
>

>>config setup
>>    # Debug-logging controls:  "none" for (almost) none, "all" for lots.
>>    interfaces=%defaultroute
>>    uniqueids=yes
>>    plutodebug=no
>>

>Add:
>
>	nat_traversal=yes
>

>>conn roadwarrior
>>    right=%any
>>    left=%defaultroute
>>    leftcert=gandalf.XXX.com.pem
>>    auto=add
>>    pfs=yes
>>

>For testing purposes, add:
>
>	rightsubnet=vhost:%no,%all
>
>In the long term (if this works), you'll want to set the virtual_private
>setting, and use that to define what networks roadwarriors can have their
>internal IP in; see that NAT-T docs.

>| nate carlson | natecars at natecarlson.com | http://www.natecarlson.com |
>|       depriving some poor village of its idiot since 1981            |

Hi,

I've had the NAT-T patch in my kernel. I can see the NAT-T is include in
my kernel (ipsec barf command can show me too the nat-t).
Unfortunately it doesn't work. The ping of my LAN (172.16.0.0/16)
doesn't respond ;-(
I've had the two lines : nat_traversal=yes in my config setup and
rightsubnet=vhost:%no,%all in my roadwarrior.
Could you please show me an example of the ipsec.conf files ( for my
ipsec gateway and a Windows XP client)  ?
My configuration is the following :

Router Public IP (62.161.75.XXX)

Private IP 192.168.3.254

IPSEC gateway (x509 and nat-t patched) 193.168.3.1 (ipsec0)

IPSEC gateway (LAN) 172.16.2.1

LAN (172.16.0.0/16)

The port 500 et protocol 50 have been sent to my ipsec0 interface from
my router.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Fred