[Openswan Users] Communication problem openswan-winXP

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Wed Jul 28 16:15:01 CEST 2004

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 desantis at csr.unibo.it wrote:
> All the internet activities are completely bloked after :
>
> "...
> Negotiating IP Security.
> Reply from x.x.x.x: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64
> Reply from x.x.x.x: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64
> Request timed out.
> ..."
>

> I don't know what's happen after the third "ping".

Oh, so the VPN tunnel isn't working, either?

Are you behind a NAT gateway by any chance? Do you have MS's NAT patches
applied? (Just shooting in the dark here; that's an odd problem you're
having.)

Have you tried a simpler ipsec.conf on the Windows side, that just
contains:

conn roadwarrior-net
        left=%any
        right=x.x.x.x