[Openswan Users] Communication problem openswan-winXP

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Tue Jul 27 12:23:22 CEST 2004

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 desantis at csr.unibo.it wrote:
> These are the results of the command "route" on the prompt of winXP:
>
> command "route PRINT" without tunnel:

*snip*

> command "route PRINT" after I enstablish tunnel:
*snip*

> There are the same.

Hmm, interesting - I thought it was supposed to add a route. I don't have
a Windows box available to test with, though - can someone who has a
working config confirm?

> My client is in a subnet, and it has a virtual ip (192.168.0.25), it's
> importantant that it has a public ip??

That shouldn't be a problem.

> I have seen some software that do "traceroute"(for windows) but is all
> "graphical".

Windows includes a program called 'tracert'. You'll likely need to specify
the '-d' option (if I recall correctly) to tell it to give you numerical
results (don't do dns lookups). It'd be helpful to get a traceroute to
somewhere on the internet at large, and to a box behind the vpn gateway.

> I'm sorry for my bad english.

You do better than many people! :)