[Openswan Users] Clients behind LAN ok, but problems behind modem!

José Julio Hernández Fernández jhernandez at sgi.es
Wed Jul 21 19:05:09 CEST 2004

Hi list,

I've got a VPN server (OpenSWAN 2.1.2 over kernel 2.6.6), with Linux and
Windows clients running fine. All tests have been made from LANs with
private addresses. NAT-Ted communications work fine.

But now I've got a great problem: when trying to connect to VPN server
from a modem, from the same PCs that worked ok in LAN, I can't establish
IPsec session.

There's almost none information on this scenario on the Net... I've even
tried jerry's solution (posted to this list on Wednesday 14th, July
2004) for non-working "overridemtu" on 2.6 kernels, just thinking about
MTU problem, but without success...

Any message would be really appreciated...

Thanks in advance, JJ.