[Openswan Users] X.509 key usage

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongsec.net
Mon Jul 19 14:53:53 CEST 2004

The keyUsage and extendedKeyUsage flags are not checked by *swan.

An exception are the OCSP signing certificates introduced with
the X.509 patch version >= 1.5, where the OCSPSigning flag must be
mandatorily set in the extendedKeyUsage field.

Intermediate CA certificates sent via PKCS#7-wrapped certificate payloads
must have the CA basicContraints field set to TRUE in order to get
accepted.

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                   e-mail: andreas.steffen at strongsec.com
strongSec GmbH                    home:   http://www.strongsec.com
Alter Zürichweg 20                phone:  +41 1 730 80 64
CH-8952 Schlieren (Switzerland)   fax:    +41 1 730 80 65