AW: [Openswan Users] virtual ethernet interface & Openswan - Bug?

Wimmer, Tobias Wimmer at Saynet.de
Mon Jul 12 16:57:51 CEST 2004

>> I found the following strange (at least to me) problem on my FC2 box
>> with a 2.6 kernel.
>> I have a static public IP adress bound to eth0. On eth1 I have two
>> private IP adresses, respectively
>>
>> eth1 - 192.168.1.1/24
>> eth1:1 - 192.168.2.1/24

>> Now everytime I define a connection with the option "auto=start" the
>> tunnel negotiation works as expected, but as soon as the tunnel is up
>> OpenSWAN starts sending ESP packets with the source IP address of the
>> virtual ethernet interface 192.168.2.1

> try setting up leftsourceip, rightsourceip.

I've tried that with no effect to my described problem...
According to this thread from the Openswan Users ML
http://lists.openswan.org/pipermail/users/2004-May/000805.html
leftsourceip/rightsourceip changes the source IP of the packets going
THROUGH the tunnel not the source of the encrypted packets itself...?!