[Openswan Users] Roadwarrior access to Symantec Enterprise Firewall 8.0

David Edmondson dme at dme.org
Sun Jul 11 19:18:48 CEST 2004

* marc at visionalive.de [20040711T171538]:
> I have no trouble connecting using gateway-to-gateway mode but in
> client-to-gateway the negotiation stops at phase 1 with the message
> "NO_PROPOSAL_CHOSEN".

I saw this type of behaviour when using 2.2.0dr1.  Ken suggested using
2.1.4 and the problem went away.

> The firewall is configured to use 3DES,SHA1/MD5 and DH Group 2,
> which should be exactly the desired profile for openswan.  I'm
> thinking it might not work because of openswan's missing support for
> aggressive mode. Can anyone shed any light on this?

It sounds like you have the same problem that I described attempting
to connect Openswan to a Cisco 3000.  mcr indicated that this won't
work - see the thread 'tunnel using XAUTH client mode to Cisco 3000
series' for more details.

dme.