[Openswan Users] New Windows Client - www.ncp.de

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Thu Jul 8 15:58:41 CEST 2004

Ken Bantoft wrote:

> Stephan from Astaro told me about this a few minutes ago, as he's been
> playing with it.  They list Astaro (which is Openswan based) as
> compatible, including NAT-T support.

I don't know if this is a new client (NCP has had an IPsec client for
a long time now), but it is certainly new that you can download a
30-day trial version.

NCP's client used to support IPsec-over-L2TP ("L2sec") but I don't
see any mention of this in the product specs. Note that this is not
the same as L2TP-over-IPsec. The latter is an IETF standards track
protocol implemented by Windows, MacOS Panther etc.
L2sec on the other hand was devised by NCP to get around NAT (before
NAT-T was available). It was never ratified and only implemented by NCP.

NCP is also one of the few IPsec vendors with a Pocket PC version.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl