[Openswan Users] Re: openswan-2.1.3 with vpn client from thegreenbow

Ingo Bruell ibruell at gmx.de
Mon Jul 5 14:07:04 CEST 2004

Herbert Xu schrieb:

> Are you sure? Last time I looked 2.1.x's kernel.c only allowed DES/3DES
> to go through to kernel_netlink.c.  So even though the latter can do
> all the algorithms in Crypto API, it doesn't actually work.

I have tried that in it will not work with the current version of openswan
(2.1.3). It uses always 3des even if i configure  aes128-md5.

The ike keyword is obsolete (openswan generates an error if i use the ike
keyword).

best regards

Ingo Bruell
 ---
<ibruell at gmx.de>
<ICQ# 40377720>
Oldenburg    PGP-Fingerprint: CB01 AE12 B359 87C4 BF1C  953C 8FE7 C648 169E
E5FC
Germany      PGP-Public-Key available at pgpkeys.mit.edu