[Openswan Users] Connection from VPN gateway to machines in same external subnet

Simon Matthews simon at paxonet.com
Thu Jul 1 01:20:31 CEST 2004

FreeS/WAN 2.04, I have a various tunnels, subnet-to-subnet, host-to-host,
etc. configured.

I have noticed that sometimes, the VPN gateway seems to route packets
destined for machines that are in the same Internet-side subnet (I have 16
IP addresses in a /28 subnet) as the gateway via the ipsec0 interface.
There is no vpn connection configured for this.

Have I done something wrong? Is this normal? Is there a solution?

Simon