[Openswan Users] openswan and dynamic ip

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Jul 2 01:17:29 CEST 2004

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, John McMonagle wrote:

> In a couple cases it is dynamic ip  <=> dynamic ip.
> I do have dynamic dns setup.
>
> In freeswan I had to reload the remote connections when the ip changed.
>
> Just wondering is there is a better way to deal with this now?

No there isn't. But in recent openswan versions there is dead peer detection.
So it is much easier to kill the tunnels that are unusuable because one end
of the tunnel changed. Then with hooks into the _updown scripts, you could
ipsec auto --replace the connection so pluto will pick up the new IP from
dyndns.