[Openswan Users]

John A. Sullivan III john.sullivan at nexusmgmt.com
Tue Jan 20 16:05:09 CET 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 20:38, swcims wrote:
> Hi,all
> 	Can super-freeswan support exact IP range configuration in local/remote subnet ? I find that I only can write "left(or right)subnet=192.168.1.0/24".But exact IP range,such as 192.168.1.10--192.168.1.45 in the left or right subnet,is required by some customers.Also,I can't connect super-freeswan on Redhat linux with Linksys VPN router,when the latter configure exact IP range.
> 	Would anyone like to provide some suggestion?Thank you very much!
>   Regards.
<snip>
I do not believe you can do it directly.  There is a tool available at
http://subnetcreator.sourceforge.net which will calculate the subnets
required to create a range.  You could use that to create a number of
separate tunnels which will handle the tunnels for a range that does not
fall along a single subnet boundary.

When the ISCS project is released (http://iscs.sourceforge.net), it will
perform such tunnel creation automatically.  Good luck - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Chief Technology Officer
john.sullivan at nexusmgmt.com
---
If you are interested in helping to develop a GPL enterprise class
VPN/Firewall/Security device management console, please visit
http://iscs.sourceforge.net