[Openswan Users] Backing out the 2.6ipsec code from the RHELv3 kernel

Dax Kelson dax at gurulabs.com
Sat Jan 3 13:01:43 CET 2004

Since Openswan v2.1 is done yet I need to run Openswan v1.0.1 on RHELv3
using the RHELv3 kernel.

I did a bit of testing and the 2.6-ipsec backport needs to be removed
before using Openswan v1.0.0.

Just for documentation purposes, here is what I ran up against trying to
remove it.

Patch2000: linux-2.4.21-ipsec.patch
Patch2010: linux-2.4.21-ipsec-compilefixes.patch

With those two patches removed, the following patches won't apply and I
removed them. I wish I could've kept em.

Patch2020: linux-2.4.21-igmpv3.patch
Patch2050: linux-2.4.20-aio-poll-and-net.patch
Patch2070: linux-2.4.21-netfixes.patch
Patch5170: linux-2.4.18-netdump.patch

Then all the patches applied OK, but it wouldn't compile. The first
error:

dev.c: In function `netif_receive_skb':
dev.c:1482: `netdump_func' undeclared (first use in this function)
dev.c:1482: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once

fun fun fun