[Openswan Users] Looking for windows XP client

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Thu Feb 26 20:40:16 CET 2004

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, Michael Richardson wrote:
> It is my understanding (but, I have no personal experience at this time)
> that in classic do-it-our-way-our-else Microsoft tradition, that L2TP
> does not suffer from that problem. Why? because ultimately it is a PPP
> interface that is being configured by the L2TP, and the IPsec *policy*
> does not need to change.

If I get time at the office tommorrow, I'll fire up a vmware session and
test out the L2TP stuff with a non-privileged 'doze user. I've always
tried it with a Local Admin user.

I'm pretty sure the L2TP client does create the IPSec tunnel on the fly,
but the l2tp stuff may run with system privileges or something that'd
allow it to work.