[Openswan Users] with any luck, the last problem! :)

mark markzero at logik.ath.cx
Sun Feb 8 08:46:44 CET 2004

I have a good feeling about this. Managed to get my 2.6.2 kernel
working nicely, same goes for my 2.6.1 on this machine. The only
problem is that pluto is not being started at boot on the server.

#ipsec verify

Checking your system to see if IPsec got installed and started
correctly:
Version check and ipsec on-path
[OK]
Linux FreeS/WAN Uopenswan-2.0.0/K(no kernel code presently loaded)
Checking for KLIPS support in kernel
[FAILED]
Checking for RSA private key (/etc/ipsec.secrets)
[OK]
Checking that pluto is running
[FAILED]
whack: Pluto is not running (no "/var/run/pluto.ctl")
Two or more interfaces found, checking IP forwarding
[FAILED]
whack: Pluto is not running (no "/var/run/pluto.ctl")

On booting my desktop machine I get a message about starting IPSec
along with syslogd and so on. I did install SuperFreeSwan first
though, but installed OpenSwan over it, whereas the server had a pure
OpenSwan install. Are some components needed from FreeSwan?

cheers
mark