[Openswan Users] Iptables 2.4 Kernel

Stefan Leippert LeippertS at gmx.de
Tue Dec 28 20:52:25 CET 2004

Hello all !
I am testing the Redwall Firewall (Kernel 2.4) which has openswan installed.

The connection works, I have an established ISAKMP and there are
encapsulated packets with NAT-T. Ethereal says, that the packets are
encapsulated in UDP.

Problem:
I can't reach any service on the gateway.

I think I have to make some changes in my iptables script. Currently I have
opened port 500 and 4500 on the gateway. The gateway has two NICs, eth0 to
the LAN and eth1 to ADSL-Modem. After the ISAKMP-established there is
another interface "ipsec0".
I can't ping or reach any other service on the gateway or in the LAN. Do I
need special rules for iptables and the interface "ipsec0" ?

Thank you !
Greetings
Stefan