[Openswan Users] OpenSwan 2.3.0dr4 + Bintec X1200 / X509

Rolf Offermanns roffermanns at sysgo.com
Mon Dec 20 09:41:51 CET 2004

Jörg Bartz wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> I am kinda stuck in some problems here, I want to establish a tunnel between a X1200 and OpenSwan 2.3.0dr4 - the certificates seem to be imported ok to the bintec and Openswan.
> I configured close to the documentation on the bintec website (for freeswan) - but somehow I'm stuck  - logfile attached...
> The configuration of the bintec is done by another company...
>
> Has anyone done this and are there some pits to fall in (in which I fell in)?

I've got similar problems where openswan got to the point of "sent MR3, ISAKMP SA established" but the last
openwan packet never reached the end due to packet fragmentation, so what I saw on the other side was:
"No response to our last packet, trying again" (something like that).

Look for fragmented packets leaving your openswan gateway / Firewall.

-Rolf

--
Rolf Offermanns <roffermanns at sysgo.com>
SYSGO AG     Tel.: +49-6136-9948-0