[Openswan Users] but no connection has been authorized

Davide Giunchi davidegiunchi at libero.it
Thu Dec 16 18:48:44 CET 2004

Il giorno gio, 16-12-2004 alle 16:51 +0100, O-Zone ha scritto:
> Alle 16:48, giovedì 16 dicembre 2004, Davide Giunchi ha scritto:
> > I'm trying to setup openswan on two debian testing, one has a fixed ip
> > address and is under NAT (a netgear adsl router), the second is under
> > NAT and has a dynamic ip, so i'm trying to connect from the dynamic ip
> > (road warrior) to the fixed one.
> >         leftsubnet=192.168.0.0/24
> >         leftnexthop=192.168.0.254
>
> The "leftnethop" should be the router's IP on the Interne side, not the
> internal LAN IP.

Ok, i've modifyed the ipsec.conf as shown above:

version 2
include /etc/ipsec.d/examples/no_oe.conf

config setup
        nat_traversal=yes

conn ufficio
        # left e' l'ufficio
        left=192.168.0.1
        leftid=@test.example
        leftsubnet=192.168.0.0/24
        leftnexthop=81.74.71.x
        leftrsasigkey=0sAxxxx
        # right e' il portatile a casa o in giro
        right=%any
        rightid=@davide.example.com
        rightrsasigkey=0sAxxxx
        authby=rsasig
        auto=add

if i run

#ipsec auto --up ufficio
022 "ufficio": We cannot identify ourselves with either end of this
connection.

If i change "right" with the internal ip (even if it's the road warrior)
and rightnexthop with the external ip i get the following errors:

# ipsec auto --up ufficio-davide
104 "ufficio-davide" #1: STATE_MAIN_I1: initiate
010 "ufficio-davide" #1: STATE_MAIN_I1: retransmission; will wait 20s
for response
010 "ufficio-davide" #1: STATE_MAIN_I1: retransmission; will wait 40s
for response

and on the other side, on syslog.log, i can't see nothing on the logs.

> RTFM :-)

i've read this false information on the howto on
www.sistemistiindipendenti.org .

Regards.