[Openswan Users] no connection authorized...

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Tue Dec 7 18:30:24 CET 2004

this is probably a real familiar problem but it's escaping me.  I'm
running two IPCop systems (openswan 1.0.7) with road warrior VPNs.  The
first system will connect to the Windows PC road warrior just fine.

Following the same process of producing certificates and installing them
on the client, connection to the second IP cop system fails will the
following messages.  Needless to say, it has been rather frustrating
debugging this.  Obviously there's some identity disconnect between the
client and firewall but I'm not sure how to find out once each side is
expecting for identities.  As far as I can tell, both client and server
identical on both sides except for the the actual certificates.

turning Pluto debug and klips debug to all didn't really reveal anything
useful.  Or at least useful to my eyes.

googling for different aspects of this problem didn't reveal anything
useful.  suggestions as to what I should do next would be most welcome.

---eric

Dec  7 17:18:51 t2cop pluto[31146]: packet from 68.194.142.248:500:
received Vendor ID payload [draft-ietf-ipsec-nat-t-ik
e-00]
Dec  7 17:18:51 t2cop pluto[31146]: packet from 68.194.142.248:500:
received Vendor ID payload [draft-ietf-ipsec-nat-t-ik
e-02_n]
Dec  7 17:18:51 t2cop pluto[31146]: packet from 68.194.142.248:500:
initial Main Mode message received on 69.18.163.107:5
00 but no connection has been authorized with policy=RSASIG

--
"Part of the problem with the Wal-Mart business model is that it
requires more poverty in order to grow."

http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2004/11/22/wal_mart/print.html