[Openswan Users] iptables problem

Vernon A. Fort vfort at provident-solutions.com
Thu Dec 2 14:46:53 CET 2004

Giovani Moda - MR Informática wrote:

>Vernon,
>
>I had a similar problem with Arno's Iptables Firewall. Since Kernel 2.6 does
>not support KLIPS, no virtual interface (ipsecN) is created, making it all
>very difficult to work.
>
>My problem was that rp_filter must be DISABLED, and connection of private
>network adresses on the external ethert must be accepted. Since no virtual
>interface is created, the packets from you privates networks will all be
>routed through the externals interfaces. Arno's Iptables Firewall has some
>custom rules that drop those packets, and, by default, rp_filter is enable.
>After I made these changes, everything worked like a charm.
>
>Hope it helps,
>

>Giovani

Thanks for the information - As it turned out, I was my own fault.  The
only port that was not working was RDP(3389) but it dawned on be several
hours later that I had a port forward rule which enabled me to access
RDP remotely.  So when I attemtped to RDP from this box through the VPN,
it was forwarding it back to me.

The other item was to get the RESERVED address mapped out - this way I
can connect from gate-to-gate without opening up all the 192.168 class b
- just enabled 1 and 2

IT"S now working GREAT!

Vernon