[Openswan Users] Fedora Core 2, no ipsec0 device

Dave Sobel dave at evolvetech.com
Tue Aug 17 15:33:55 CEST 2004

I've run into a strange problem with FC2 that I'm hoping someone can
help me out with.

I'm running the stock 2.6 kernel for FC2.   I installed the rpm for fc2
from the openswan site, and have configured my connections.  They
appear to have correctly done key exchanges with an older
debian/freeswan box on the other side.

Strangely, however, I seem to have no ipsec0 device -- only the regular
interfaces, eth0, eth1, eth2, and eth3.   On top of that, then while
the connections are made, I can't use them.

Is this normal to be missing the ipsec0?  Did I miss a step?

Dave