[Openswan Users] Using ipsec0 instead of eth0?

Matthew Claridge mclaridge at rwa-net.co.uk
Thu Aug 19 16:38:30 CEST 2004

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the help so far - I've now got a working VPN tunnel to
the cisco box...yay!

However, the tunnel runs over eth0 and I'd prefer it to use its own
ipsec0 interface, but I can't for the life of me work out how! My
interfaces line in ipsec.conf reads "interfaces="ipsec0=eth0" which I
thought would bring up an ipsec0 alias with the same address etc as
eth0, but apparently not.

I'm confused.....and probably being very stupid....and would appreciate
just a little more help before I can put this to bed ;)

thanks
Matt