[Openswan Users] OpenSWAN to PIX woes

arno van der walt vex0r2002 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 18 14:45:31 CEST 2004

I found the problem this morning.

In the ipsec.conf file I removed this line and used the default:

pfs=no

As far as the strange behaviour on the Pix i might be able to shed some
light on it.

Whenever you want to edit the crypto map that is applied to the interface
you must first remove it from that interface. Because the crypto map
changes, the pix is unable to cope with it if it is already applied to an
interface and this results in the pix locking up amongst a myriad of other
strange behaviour.