[Openswan Users] Pluto not running???

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Aug 16 18:55:14 CEST 2004

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Matthew Claridge wrote:

> ok, took those out. I got it from the documentation and the ipsec.conf
> man page ;o)

I'll fix the man pages and examples for Openswan. Thanks.

> ok, found an error by restarting the ipsec service:
>
> FATAL ERROR: bind() failed in find_raw_ifaces4(). Errno 98: Address
> already in use

That might be some 2.6 specific thing. Can you stop the service, wait a
bit and then restart? Or even reboot the server? And then check the logs
to see why it didn't start?

> fixed that with "authby=secret"

Good.

> >Install the ipsec-tools rpm.
> >
> yep, already spotted that one ;)

Ok.

> >You might want to include /etc/ipsec.d/examples/no_oe.conf
> >

> not sure I need to as this is going to try to connect to a cisco router
> (eventually!)

Including that no_oe.conf file actually disabled Opportunistic Encryption,
which you are not planning to use. It will only cause you headaches if
you do not disable it by including the no_oe.conf file.